Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Matt & Rach's 28 Minute Meals

So a little while ago my sister and I made one of Jamie Oliver's '30 minute meals'. I was super excited to put his timings to the test but my sister assured me it was impossible to actually cook a meal in thirty, and sure enough it took us an hour. I like a challenge though so I decided to put Jamie's outrageous claims to the test.  Killer jerk chicken with rice, beans, corn on the cob and a salad was the meal chosen (find it here) and I invited my friend Rach over to give me a hand. If Jamie could do it in the thirty with two hands, I was confident of a result between the four that we had between us.

We did have great fun rushing around the kitchen in a worked-up frenzy but unfortunately we clocked in at 36 minutes. Gutted. However, now we know the recipe I reckon we've got him next time. Give us a little time to practice and we'll be releasing the best seller, 'Matt & Rach's 28 Minute Meals'. Come on!

I have to say the food was very nice - serious killer jerk. I also just spontanes decided to make a raspberry slushie as well - that was fun. Overall, some great kitchen fun, get on it. If anyone does one in thirty let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment